By using the The Free Chatlines website (the ‘Website’) or the The Free Chat Line or the Premium Chat Line or the Premiere Chat Line or the Unblockable Chat Line (the ‘Service’), collectively known as the ‘Company’ you agree to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. 1) Never give out your phone number. 2) Never give out your name or address. 3) You must be 18 or older.
This Agreement sets out your agreement with the Company with respect to your use of the Website and/or Service as well as our ability to communicate with you. The Company may amend this Agreement from time to time, such modifications to be effective upon posting by the Company on the Website as noted by the last modified date. You must abide by all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement in order to become or remain a User of the Website and/or Service. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use the Website and/or Service.
- Eligibility You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to be a User of the Website and/or Service. By using the Website and/or Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Right of Use Your right to use the Website and/or Service is subject to any limitations, conditions and restrictions established by the Company from time to time, in the Company’s sole discretion. The Company may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database or content. The Company may also impose limits on certain features and aspects of the Service or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability. You hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose.
- Term and Termination This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you are a User of the Website and/or Service.
- Conduct You agree to use the Service in accordance with the following conduct:
- you will keep all information provided to you through the Service as private and confidential and will not give such information to anyone or use such information without the express permission of the person who provided it to you;
- you will not use the Service to engage in any form of harassment, illegal, immoral or offensive behavior, including but not limited to the posting of communications, pictures, or audio or video recordings which contain, depict or suggest libelous, slanderous, abusive or defamatory statements, or racist, pornographic, obscene, or offensive language or images, or promotes bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- you will not record, reproduce, post or distribute any audio or video communications between you and another User of the Service, including any messages, pictures or recordings you obtained from the Service or your use of the Service;
- you will not use the Service in any way which (i) violates, plagiarizes or infringes upon the rights of any person, including but not limited to any copyright or trade-mark law, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights, including other intellectual property rights; (ii) is fraudulent, misleading or otherwise unlawful or violates any law, rules, or regulations in the United States or any relevant jurisdiction in which you use the Service; or (iii) promotes or results in communications concerning illegal activities or conduct such as making or buying illegal weapons, selling drugs, soliciting prostitution or violating someone’s privacy; and
- you will not use the Service to distribute, promote or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation for funds, or advertising or solicitation for goods or services. The Company will investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates any of the above conduct, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and blocking the use of such violators. We do not investigate the background of users of the free chat line.
- Content and Monitoring Each User is solely responsible for his or her content when using the Service, whether or not it is monitored and/or removed from the Service by the Company. You agree that any content in a User’s greeting and/or message associated with such User’s may be monitored and subsequently removed from the Service if, in the Company’s sole discretion, any such Content is found to be offensive, illegal, appears harmful or threatening to another User, or violates the rights of another User or the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Company reserves the right to monitor all messages, postings, and audio recordings from time to time to ensure that they conform to the content guidelines which may be applicable. You understand that by using the Service, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may include explicit or suggestive language.
While in public areas on the chatline (Confessionals, Conference Rooms) you consent to being recorded/monitored and to potentially being broadcast in other media properties such as a podcast. We will never monitor or record private rooms or 1-on-1 conversations.
- Removal of Information While the Company does not and cannot review every message or other material created by Users, and is not responsible for any content of these messages or materials, the Company reserves the right, but is not obligated, to delete or remove messages or materials that the Company, in its sole discretion, deem to violate the terms of this Agreement or any applicable content guidelines, or to be otherwise unacceptable by the Company.
- Proprietary Information The Service contains information which is proprietary to the Company, its partners and its Users. The Company asserts full copyright protection in the Service. Information posted by the Company, its partners or its Users may be protected whether or not it is identified as proprietary to the Company or to them. You agree not to modify, copy or distribute any such information in any manner whatsoever without having first received the express permission of the owner of such information.
- External Links The Website may from time to time contain links to other Internet sites and resources (“External Links”). You acknowledge that the Company is not responsible for, and has no liability as a result of, the availability of External Links or their contents.
- Indemnity You agree to indemnify the Company, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from any loss or damages, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, which the Company may suffer from your activities on or use of the Service or the Website, including without limitation any breach by you of this Agreement, including but not limited to any charges or complaints made by other parties against you. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you; provided, however, that you shall remain liable for any such claim.
- No Warranties You acknowledge that use of the Service is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for any conduct of, or incorrect or inaccurate content or other information communicated by, a User of the Website and/or Service. The Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user communications. The Company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of emails or hardware on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to a User’s or other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Website and/or the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of the Website and/or the Service by a User, or for any content communicated by or to a User using the Service. The Website and Service are provided “as-is” and the Company expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Company cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service. The Service strongly recommends that you do not meet other callers in person. You agree that if any such meeting takes place, it happens solely at your own risk and peril and you will hold us harmless. You agree that we bear no responsibility for any such meeting. We do not conduct background checks on any user of our Service. You agree to never share personally identifiable information with other callers.
- Limitation on Liability. EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING ALSO LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE COMPANY FOR THE SERVICE IN WHICH THE DISPUTE COVERS.
- Choice of Law CHOICE OF LAWThis Agreement will, for all domestic and international purposes, be governed, interpreted, construed and enforced solely and exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Rhode Island, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Rules of Procedure for Arbitration. The place of arbitration shall be Providence, Rhode Island. Rhode Island law shall apply. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Unless controlling legal authority requires otherwise, any award by the arbitrator or a court is limited to actual compensatory damages.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. This Agreement may be modified by the Company from time to time, such modifications to be effective upon posting on the Website. If you do not agree to any modifications, you should terminate your use of the Service. Your continued use of the Service now, or following the posting of notice of any changes in this Agreement, will constitute a binding acceptance by you of this Agreement, or any subsequent modifications.
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding this Agreement, or if you would like the Company to send you a copy of this Agreement. Modified May 13, 2018